I can not express to you how important this is to me. I vote in my local council elections I vote in the General elections. The impact Equity Elections has on me is far more immediate. This year the Committee's are being elected. Next year, in 2020 the biennial cycle of Equity's democracy comes full circle with the election of the Council.
You conceive the workshop, plan the workshop, secure a venue including connectivity for remote access, your settle on dates then its time to get the word out. The fear is always... and I mean always... What if no one comes? The reason these kinds of workshops get planned is that the word on the street, everyone you meet seems to confirm that if you ran a workshop about this [insert conversation topic where pearls of wisdom although obvious to you really light up the face to the recipient] it would be well-received coz everyone want this knowledge. From experience, this is not as easy as it seems when in the heat of that revelation of an idea for a workshop when mid conversation!
Many people use bit.ly, not everyone realises it can do more than just generate shorter links.
Want to customise after the forward slash?
- Sign Up
How will you use your customised link?
Here are a few of PCM's uses
- included in a PDF or printed article to observe activity triggered by finding it in that one location.
- used to generate a QR code to monitor through Bit.ly stats engagement.
- created to provide an easy word of mouth link to verbally relayed when asked for a link that would otherwise be very long hard to recall, remembers and relay.
- provided an easy-share link for emailing and texting to PCM's Terms and Conditions https://bit.ly/pcm_TandCs
- in reports in combination with inserted hyperlinks when printing and photocopying are likely
- in graphics when a jpg image may become disassociated from its source text link, shared independently on social media or isolated in screen grabs.
- for a web asset such as a press release or event page where I want to measure the traffic from my activity promoting the linked material that I wouldn't have analytics.
Bit.ly is one of the many URL shortening link services available.
Very long ugly, unwieldy link - IN >> https://expertise.tv/webinar/5-linkedin-hacks-that-reveal-in-30-minutes-where-your-ideal-prospects-are-hiding/landing/9240
Nice short bit.ly - OUT >> https://bit.ly/2pKohgT
Customised bit.ly - MUCH PRETTIER >> https://bit.ly/bbg-5hacks
Thank you to Boost Business Growth for requesting this HowTo.
A customised shortened link is contained in the graphic but the graphic is also clickable on this occasion using the customised bit.ly link too.
Q. What do you can someone who speaks more than one language? A. Bi-lingual.
Q. What do you can someone who speaks many languages? A. a Polyglot.
Q. What do you can someone who speaks only one language? A. English!
I am passionate about audience engagement and developing structures to understand the needs and behaviours of what makes up audiences. These structures often emerge from projects undertaken through collaboration with academics and stakeholder culture practitioners working artistically, educationally, communally, managerially or administratively in the Arts, Culture and Entertainment industries and their various sectors.
In the last 12 months, I have seen the rise of the term Participation enter the crucible of audience conundrum.