Customising bit.ly shortened links - "after the forward slash"
October 21, 2018
Many people use bit.ly, not everyone realises it can do more than just generate shorter links.
Want to customise after the forward slash?
This latest PCM HowTo will walk you through just that.
- Sign Up
How will you use your customised link?
Here are a few of PCM's uses
- included in a PDF or printed article to observe activity triggered by finding it in that one location.
- used to generate a QR code to monitor through Bit.ly stats engagement.
- created to provide an easy word of mouth link to verbally relayed when asked for a link that would otherwise be very long hard to recall, remembers and relay.
- provided an easy-share link for emailing and texting to PCM's Terms and Conditions https://bit.ly/pcm_TandCs
- in reports in combination with inserted hyperlinks when printing and photocopying are likely
- in graphics when a jpg image may become disassociated from its source text link, shared independently on social media or isolated in screen grabs.
- for a web asset such as a press release or event page where I want to measure the traffic from my activity promoting the linked material that I wouldn't have analytics.
Bit.ly is one of the many URL shortening link services available.
Very long ugly, unwieldy link - IN >> https://expertise.tv/webinar/5-linkedin-hacks-that-reveal-in-30-minutes-where-your-ideal-prospects-are-hiding/landing/9240
Nice short bit.ly - OUT >> https://bit.ly/2pKohgT
Customised bit.ly - MUCH PRETTIER >> https://bit.ly/bbg-5hacks
Here is the HowTo PDF
Customise bit.ly shortened links
"after the forward slash"
Thank you to Boost Business Growth for requesting this HowTo.
Go check out Sarah Hughes FREE online training event replay.
A customised shortened link is contained in the graphic but the graphic is also clickable on this occasion using the customised bit.ly link too.