Everything you want to know to get the most from the SparkFestival experience.
Festival Brochure - Everything to apply the audience checklist to!
Then there is my behind the scenes checklist to make my job smooth primarily for my own sanity but ultimately for a smooth audience experience.
My Digital Stage Management (when using Zoom)Barebones Check List
- Holding - title slide (proverbial house tabs!)
- Music - as the audience enter and settles
- Activate Otter captions/transcription - plug in service on Zoom for on screen auto generating subtitles
- Continuity announcement - Greetings, CC, get the best, SafeSpaces, looking after chat, Welcome.
- Co-Host - back-up connected host incase DigiSM interwebs break
- The half - 30 mins before opening the zoom space / admitting attendees from the waiting room to check all present and correct.
- Hiding Non Participants - with zoom meetings when audience cameras are off hiding the blank video windows tidys up the host view and recorded media captured.
- Waiting Room - before all is set it’s nice not having the audience wander in before ready to start. Camera off, waiting in the proverbial wings!
- Clearance - Audience in and ready to roll. The message messaged to indicate the music will fade and curtain (holding slide) with raise.
- Announcement & pre-show roll - The branding and bumper bits for consistency and polish.Emergency monitoring - Just in case bad things happen with the hosting connection a standby procedure should be prepared. A technical difficulty virtual background for the co-host or a slide.
- Chat Monitoring - if bad stuff posted in chat and a keen eye must be directed on the chat. Engagement can be established here too. Call and response, Questions for the guests?
- Show/Event ends - a plan for the end of the show
- Post-show Play-out - Goodbye and thank you while the on screen talent waits in the wings for the audience to leave.
- Closedown - when the audience leaves the curtain falls. An audience can stay and chat but eventually you have to end the party!
Part of the producing part of my job is creating on brand screen assets. For Spark that’s static title slides and animated pre and post show bumper videos. I produced the audio track with 2 children Max and Addi and thier Mum. They were amazing.