Extraordinarily Ordinary - #DYCP
August 04, 2021
I don’t know what to say.
I was awarded a Develop Your Creative Practice grant from Arts Council England today.
It means more than I can convey right now. My request set out how I would take where my career has bought me to, swoosh it all together package and appropriately reframe it like I never imagined I’d be able to in order to set my horizons to pursue aspiration that without the funding would be unimaginable.
So what does it mean? Big Picture Stuff
- I have my Creative Producers Diploma paid for
- I can invest in some serious networking within the immersive theatre experience arena?
- I have a budget for a dyslexia support work to help be with words to paper brain fog syndrome! Fi you rock.
- I can explore the NFT smart contract royalties/residuals concept I think could change the way we archive and invest legacy in live performance arts and entertainment.
- Attend at least 3 festivals in 2022 where live performance is being innovated to immerse myself in what’s possible
- Compile a full business proposition and production plan for my first immersive theatre piece for a paying audience
- Prepare and pitch to investors my innovative staging environment with its first production and NFT offer.
I’ll be podcasting with some livestreams to document and share my journey, the development and discovery also. This will afford me time to audit my own career portfolio, review and align my digital footprint and existing legacy.
All this to move forward as a Creative Producer securing and exploring unconventional and novel funding opportunities to engage investors who have an arts advocacy and production partnering itch to scratch where return on investment will be part financial, part social consciousness and part trailblazer. Proof of stake and ultimately proof of talent is the speculative investment. The right casting for the right future return.
Production scale for those intrigued is ITC and Theatre UK MRSL3 in terms of salaries to creatives and performers. The production environment and repertory of performances will, fingers crossed showcase at the 2023 Edinburgh Fringe and a similar production scale immersive festival such at Vault.
Making the dream reality actually starts today Wednesday 4th August 2021.