Lace Market House opens her doors once again to MediaCampNottingham
March 16, 2010
Some might say I'm a funny fish. Odd statement? Love meeting people, loath crowds. Enjoy a good gathering, don't like going out. Strange? For me MediaCampNottingham is the perfect event. My office is in Lace Market House so MediaCamp is my home from home. When I moved in to this building in Nov 2007 with its sweeping staircase and grand piano in the reception I smiled. The location was good.
Part of my agreement here with Nick Max Director of CHC-Land and overseer of Lace Market House and the NoStringsAttached initiative is to provide some social media guidance, online networking advise and digital streamlining to the facilities offered to LMH resident businesses.
MediaCampNottingham is genuinely an open doors, arms thrown wide event. The venue has not been hired especially for the event it was selected and seen with the view to hold mediacamp type events in. I was enamoured with the elegance and heritage. We now have 100mb Internet but the rooms are not filled with tech. The light on spring and summer days is enchanting.
MediaCampNottingham 1 took place in May 2009 - Lace Market House is opening her doors once again on March 27th. Sessions on the schedule include...
- The evolution of our craft. A look at working in the media - 10 years back and ten years forward - @lesanto
- Social media for NGO's Social media ethics - @presleysylwia
- Connecting Nottingham's creative communities online - @susioneill
- A very public beta. Five years in... - @iainsimons
- Anatomy of a Campaign: Drupal, Social Media and Activism - @adamsargant & John Sargent
- Social Media and Marketing - Oh, no, not again! Don't switch of... @fmpickering
- Pitching a Cross Platform Television Idea to Commissioning Editors - @AlecMcPhedran
- Your Doh Ray Me of Social Media - Lessons Learned, Journeys taken, Future travel plans - @pcmcreative
There are still 10 days to go as I write this post and already the line up is buzzing with creativity.
MediaCampNottingham is using eventbrite as booking service. Entry is free and Lace Market House's IT infrastucture supplier, Excell Group are sponsoring MediaCampNottingham's lunch so all guests signed up through the Eventbrite site will get lunch prepared by local cafe and official coffee shop for MediaCampNottingham 2010, @HungryPumpkin
This will be my favourite event of the year well apart from MediaCampNottingham 3 in the Autumn.